Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Tale of Two Brainworms

Been a musical day and I'm going to go postal before it's over.

All week I've had this one song in my head, Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston. A little history. This is without question the most f#$%ing overplayed song in the history of music. Summer of 1986 I was driving all night to Fort Knox KY and what do I hear over four states on dozens of radio stations. Yep, Ms Houston. I make it to my friend's apartment and as I'm walking up the stairs what do I hear coming out of his apartment. GLOA. Pardon me while I puke and I was ready to get back in the car and just drive all night again.

I leave the next day and all the way to Fort Riley, Kansas. Yep, all over the freaking state.

And to make it perfect my company commander loved the song and we had one cadet who sang it. The cadet really did have a beautiful voice but I finally looked up and asked, "God, what have I done to piss you off this much!?"

Since this morning I've been having a battle between Whitney and What a Wonderful World from the Sons of Anarchy soundtrack.

Great album...and getting the Whitney song away from head.

Have a great almost weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment