Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Not the brightest bulbs on the tree

Or whatever clique you want to use.

I've often said on the streets "Don't know stupid people, they are job security." Beautiful examples on why I'll always have a job! :<)
Police: California burglary suspects accidentally dial 911 before breaking into car 
FRESNO, Calif. — Two California men were in custody on Monday after accidentally dialing 911 on a cellphone before breaking into a car, authorities said. 
After the mistaken “pocket” call, a police dispatcher was able to hear a rambling 35-minute conversation that went from trying to find a way to get drugs to breaking into a car.    
“Get the bolt and give me the hammer just in case,” one man said, as the dispatcher heard the apparent smashing of a car window to get at drugs inside the vehicle, 
“They’re norcos! Yeee-ahh!” one man said. 
Fresno police arrested Nathan Teklemariam and Carson Rinehart, both 20, on May 9 for investigation of burglary, conspiracy to commit a crime and possession of stolen property, Sgt. Jaime Rios said... 
...After the break-in, the dispatcher picked up clues about the destination of the men heard on the call and notified officers on duty. Within seconds, a squad car was on their trail. 
“He’s right (expletive) behind me, dude!” one man said. “Oh, he’s following me, dawg! He’s following the (expletive) out of me, bro. Wow, what did I do?” 
The recording continued after the officer pulled them over. “Evening,” the officer said. 
“Good evening. What did I do?” one of the men asked. 
“I’d like to have you step out of the vehicle for me, OK?” the officer replied. “Anything in your vehicle that shouldn’t be in your vehicle?” 
A man replied, “Not at all. I’m just driving my friend home.” 
Police found stolen items and placed the men under arrest. At the end of the call, the men discovered how they were caught. 
“We really called 911?” one said. “Damn!”
Yes, I'll always have a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment