Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Karma can be a beautiful thing...,,

In the last few years there's been one group or another that think they are immune from law, such as the Sovereign Citizen's movement or Black Panthers. And we have CopWatch.org or this new group, CopBlock.org, that only want to "police the police", if you will..

Now there is a question of the propriety of using checkpoints. Personally, if it's on the public streets and done in a random manner (e.g. every fifth driver or all drivers) I see no issue with Constitutionality. Apparently Mr. Watkins believes he should warn people of this. Fair enough, he has a right to protest. But Karma is a bitch!
“Cop Blocker” Kory Watkins Hit by Drunk Driver After Protesting Police Safety Checkpoint

ARLINGTON, TEXAS-On his way home from protesting an Arlington Police Department traffic safety checkpoint, self-proclaimed “Cop Watcher” Kory Watkins was rear-ended by a drunk driver. Watkins’ car was hit by a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed while driving home from the checkpoint protest on Interstate 287.
“So last night on my way home from cop watching a drunk driver was going around 100 mph and smashed into the back of me,” Watkins said. “I could not control the car , I went sideways, then flipped 3 times, hit a cement piller to stop my roll and put me in a ditch on The side of 287. I was 2 miles always from being home. I am incredible lucky to be breathing. I can’t tell you how lucky I am to be alive.”...
Damned, sucks to be you pal. Forgive me if I don't have much sympathy. We get to deal with these morons every night and see, we even deal with jerks who don't like us. Seems like Mr. Watkins don't like people making fun of him.
“I see a few sick I individuals taken time to think this is a joke or it’s funny that the cops helped me,” he said. “Let me say this. I am happy the police showed up to catch him but I’m trying to figure out where they helped me any….. Was it the part where they showed up 15 minutes after the crime or was it when they wrote me a 300$ ticket after my car was totaled? Any sick f— that thinks this is the time to crack irony jokes can go the he’ll away. I’m lucky to be alive. There are some sick people that try to take a situation and spin it to fit their beliefs when they don’t know crap. Some sick people …. Mother F—-r almost dies and people are joking about it. Disgusting.”

Mr. Watkins, you kiss your mom with that mouth? No, it's not disgusting, it's just laughing at someone who takes themselves far too serious. Waaaaaa!
Watkins was issued a summons for driving without a license. ” I don’t ask for permission to drive a car I paid for on a road I paid for,” he said.

Watkins was protesting a police department checkpoint by alerting drivers of its presence prior to the checkpoint. Watkins stood next to the police vehicles yelling, “You criminals!” at the police officers.

Mr. Watkins, actually you do. Driving is a privilege, not a right. So if you want to drive on the public street you need to be licensed, as well as have your vehicle insured, registered, and inspected. Don't like that, take the bus. Sounds more like you are the criminal to me.
“Cop Blockers” are people who are overly critical of the state of policing in the United States and seek to promote and publicize acts by police officers, often sensationalized, to portray police departments as over aggressive para-military forces. In this incident Watkins said his goal was to expose the checkpoint as nothing more than a revenue generating operation for the department.

No, we just protect and serve. The last officer my agency lost was from a drunk driver so it's not a "revenue generating operation for the department". Hope you enjoy your time at court as I know the officers will enjoy their overtime. With an attitude like yours I know they will show up. And please, don't hire a lawyer, hate to see you put out the money like that! ;<)

No comments:

Post a Comment