Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Happy April Fool’s Day

Been off the net the last couple of weeks. It’s been crazy. Three shootings, two at one of my men and a block party for a “rap artist” (a bigger oxymoron than military intelligence) where two gangs went at it for a bit, one gang banger down and one gang banger in training injured. I’m still getting the hang of reviewing reports and I know when I get into work today it’s gonna be a long one.

This is my “Monday”, the first day of my work week. I’m off Monday/Tuesday, so I have the leftover reports from Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday to review. Last Wednesday I spent most of the shift reviewing the reports, oh joy. The good news is I am starting to see fewer errors and I’m getting through them a bit faster. I get the impression my guys were not used to having someone look at their reports and holding them to a standard. Good to know I can still make an impression! :<)

Right now I’m sitting in a Denny’s (and yes, there is a La Quinta next to it) with my computer, iPhone and breakfast. I needed to get my truck’s oil changed and the Wal-Mart is only a five-minute walk from Denny’s. I walk in and I discover the retiree set is in out. The place has only ten people in it, all but one will be AARP members getting their Early Bird Special. There is one twenty something white male sitting, perhaps a soon to be former resident of the La Quinta.

I wonder if I’ll be in a similar situation soon enough, but I refuse to join AARP. Obamacare pushers will never get a dime from me. Last month, soon after turning 50, I received a letter from them asking for my money, to join that group. I sent the packaging back with a simple letter to never contact me again. Yo guys, you started as a group to give seniors better insurance rates and you will die as because you sold out your members on insurance. Good riddance.

Got some time to kill so I can finally get on the blog and drink some not so good coffee. I shouldn’t say that, Maxwell House (or whatever generic this is) is ok, but I know what I like, Community New Orleans Blend. But you take what you can get and this is the best I can right now.

Just been joined by a early thirty-something with a cute boy, assumed his son, sitting just in front of me. And next a early 40s couple and then a 50 something, looks like a trucker, next to me. The working people must be getting ready to start. And this place normally packed on the weekends (Blue Knights meets here for rides) so they will be busy soon enough.

Well, onward. I get a cup of this “coffee” and head back to see if my truck is ready in an hour like they say (normally it’s not) and I have to pick up a few things while I’m out. Beth hates Wal-Mart and the old place has declined in the last few years (IMHO) but this store is fairly clean. And the people are actually nice. Then I have to take care of a few things before I get ready for work. Oh, joy. So once again we start the week. Hope your Wednesday goes well, and that is no April Fools Joke. Live Long and Prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment