Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, February 9, 2018

We've got tonight...

I have to say the first time I heard this classic was when Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton covered it in the early 80s. As usual, the original is better. Bob Seger's ballad to lonely people, looking for shelter, and what you do to get by. As far as I know Seger never did an "official" video for the song, but this one is very well done.

I've often said, today's "artists" are worthless. Someone like Seger (or Elton John, or Kris Kristofferson, Billy Joel, Prince) could say more in a line than J-Zee, Beyonce, or Eminem could put together in an album (Although I'm very impressed by Chris Stapleton).

I'll have limited internet access for the next few days, wife and I headed on a cruise. Enjoy, and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment