Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, April 27, 2018

Sage advise from one of the greatest rock bands ever....

As a child I remember the reports of the crash of a flight carrying the bank Lynard Skynyrd, and the loss of two of the original band members, Ronnie Van Zant and Steve Gaines, as well as backup singer Cassie Gaines. I wasn't much into their music at the time, but I've learned to love their songs, such as Free Bird, Saturday Night Special, That Smell, What's Your Name, and this absolute classic, Simple Man. I danced with my mother to this at my wedding, and the wisdom shows the talent of Ronnie Van Zant's writing. Speaking to "my only son" (actuall Van Zant was one of three sons she had), and the enlightenment she wants to pass to her child.

This is an awesome live version of the song. Enjoy. And have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment