Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The left and its Anti-Semites

I've often wondered why Jews in America (or any supporter of Israel for that matter) support Democrats and liberals like they do. Men like Joe Lieberman notwithstanding, the Left is infected with Anti-Semites of all types.

Helen Thomas' hatred of Israel has been an open secret for years but even I was surprised to hear this from her:



Again I go back to my oft stated belief that a man is judged well by the company he keeps.





I think it’s fair to say the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is anti Israel, if not an out and out Anti-Semite. Won’t be the first one…Jimmy Carter is not a great friend of the Jewish homeland himself.

It still amazes me that supporters of Israel don’t see that Israel’s greatest backers in this country are on the right, Pat Buchanan notwithstanding. I wonder when will that get through to a majority of Jewish people in the US….and when will the left purge itself of its open Anti-Semites.

UPDATE:

I didn't know Helen Thomas even had a computer, much less a web site.

Helen Thomas issued the following statement today: “I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon.” (June 4, 2010)


Forgive me if I don't take her at face value.

No comments:

Post a Comment