Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Reckless Driving, to Wit "....

After seeing this on TV Beth asked if I could give the idiot girls a ticket for something like this and I said yes. There is a generic citation I can issue if I can articulate the hazardous driving action. I think this qualifies.




ROCKWALL — A sheriff's deputy is being hailed a hero after pulling two young women from a sinking car early Saturday morning — moments before it slipped beneath the surface of Lake Ray Hubbard.

"I saw the two females in the back seat," said Deputy Keven Rowan of the Rockwall County Sheriff's Office. "I was like, 'I got to get them out!'"

Rowan spotted the submerged Honda Civic shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday while he was patrolling the shoreline.

Moments earlier, the car's driver, Ngac Do of Garland, had mistaken a boat ramp for a road at Robertson Park in Dallas and drove into the lake. She and her cousin got lost while driving home from dinner.

Rowan, a five-year deputy, never saw the car until he happened to glance down the ramp and notice headlights thirty feet from the shore.

"I don't know what it is," Rowan said of the timing. "I guess it wasn’t those girls' time, and I guess I was at the right place at the right time."...

...He pulled both women to safety seconds before the car disappeared into the lake.

Kids, learn to keep an idea where the hell you are. Deputy Rowan, good work.

3 comments:

  1. So whos talking ?? U gonna give them a ticket for what happened well i can tell straight away that ur not a cop ...Do u think that everybody whos lost can know exactly where they are ?? Or u never been lost? Or maybe ur saying these girls r stupid so ur trying to prove urself an intelligent ?? An intelligent never judge people they dont know that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Anon....your spelling and grammar leave much to be desired. If you want to be taken seriously, then write like an educated person.

    Also, MijkeAT is a cop. I believe that the driver was busy on her cell phone, and drove down a boat ramp....clearly, not the sharpest tool in the shed, that one. She could have killed herself, her passenger AND the officer with her stupidity. Yes, I'd have ticketed her for reckless driving, to wit...maybe it would have really made the point stick...

    ReplyDelete