Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Football, motorcycles and drunks....

I know it's only preseason, all the teams will be 0-0-0 come four weeks from now. But it's still football and my first string looked good.

Today started scary. Had a late call Saturday evening (Idiot DWI who resisted the blood draw.) and I didn't get off till almost three am. Riding a motorcycle at time with the morons coming from the clubs is scary as hell. Once I actually got on the highway it wasn't bad and once I got on the toll road I felt better. The drunks are cheap and one dollar is money well spent in times like this.

Well as I was five miles from my exit my gas idiot light goes on and I figure just get to the exit and fill it up. Then the engine dies a mile from the exit which surprised me. I've gone over 20 miles on the idiot light before and here I am in an interstate highway having to cross five lanes at three in the morning with the drunks out. I got to the exit and it finally died a hundred yards from the Shell station. A minute later a HPD Homicide officer pulls up and he starts helping me push. Then a Harris County Deputy comes up and before he can get out six guys come out of the Denny's parking lot and push me to the Shell.

Again gentlemen, thank you and next time I'll remember to tank it up before I get to the highway.

Saints just intercepted and this game is over. Sorry we got to fire a lot of these guys, they are really playing well.

So, gotta go. The week awaits and I gotta be in court tomorrow :(. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment