Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

This is one you don't get every day.....

Tag this one under You Cant't Make This Up!
So a bunch of us coppers were in the squad room telling our “war stories” for the year, and I am proud to say that I was given the title of having the line of the year- “I got a sock down there.”

Here’s how it unfolded

I received a report one morning at approximately 1030am, of a possible drunk driver. I located the vehicle and stopped it for an equipment violation. The female driver failed field sobriety testing, and was placed under arrest for OWI third.

I knew the arrested person to be involved in a physical relationship and observed numerous cuts to her face. While searching her, I located a napkin from McDonalds located in her front pocket of her jeans. The napkin was covered in blood, so I asked what all the blood was from, figuring she would tell me that it was related to the cuts on her face. Nope was I ever wrong! She proceeded to tell me that she had her monthly visit from Mother Nature, and that she had been using the napkin in her pants. So now I’m standing there holding this makeshift pad in my gloved hand, and the only thought I had was that I was not going to put that thing in a property bag and then put it up front by my lunch. My backup officer had to walk away to prevent himself from laughing.

From there, we went to the hospital for a legal blood draw. While at the hospital, the arrested subject told me that she had to use the bathroom. Being the caring person I am, I asked her if she still had her period and needed any feminine products. She responded that she indeed still had her period, but she did not need anything because “I got a sock down there.” Perhaps the fact that the blood results came back at .37 had something to do with decision to give me way too much information!- Via Kimberly Kuehl

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment