Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, May 12, 2017

Another example of how things can change quick...

From the Conroe TX Police Department, January 2016. Watch how fast this happens:


CONROE, Texas (KTRK) --
Authorities want you to see body camera video showing the moment a Conroe police officer narrowly escaped death.


"I don't know. I don't know how he missed me...by the Grace of God," said officer Greg Vradenburg.

He turned his body camera on moments before the shooting in January 2016 as he chased a suspect who fled during a traffic stop.

When Christopher Hatton fell, Vradenburg attempted to subdue him, he said. On the video, you can see Hatton's hands were underneath him and not visible to Vradenburg. Hatton pulled a handgun and opened fire over his shoulder, attempting to hit Vradenburg less than three feet away.

"I don't know how he missed me. I don't know if it went between my legs. Over my shoulder, I have no idea where it went," said Vradenburg.

Vradenburg had his taser drawn and hit Hatton with a charge, but it had no effect. Hatton ran again but was caught...
And people wonder why we are so nervous about people's hands.

Be safe out there friends.

Thanks Josh P for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment