Drake's Rules of Law Enforcement
1. 'Bullet Proof' vests aren't.
2. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. They also punch, kick and choke harder too.
3. The speed at which you respond to a fight call is inversely proportional to how long you've been a cop.
4. Pepper spray works on cops too, and regardless of wind direction, will always blow back in your face.
5. High speed chases will always
proceed from an area of light traffic to an area of extremely heavy traffic.
6. If you know someone who tortures animals and wets the bed, he is either a serial killer or he works for Internal Affairs.
7. Placing a gun back in a shoulder holster with your finger on the trigger will cause you to walk with a limp.
8. The “Big Call” will ALWAYS get dispatched to you just as you sit you’re a$$ on the toilet with your pants down to your ankles, after eating your 0300 hrs breakfast at “The Greasy Spoon” restaurant
9. If you have 'cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
10. If a cop swings a baton in a fight, he will hit other cops more often than he will hit the bad guys he swings at.
11. Domestic arguments will always migrate from an area of few available weapons (living room), to an area with many available weapons (kitchen).
12. If you have just punched out a handcuffed prisoner for spitting at you and threatening to kill you and your family, you are about to become a star on 'Eyewitness News'.
13. Bullets work on veteran cops too. They also work on weight lifters, martial arts experts, Chuck Norris wanna-bees, department marksmen, Narc cops, S.W.A.T. jocks, and others who consider themselves immortal.
14. When a civilian sees red and blue lights approaching at a high rate of speed, he will always pull into the lane the cop needs to use.
15. If you drive your patrol car to the geometric center of the Gobi Desert, within five minutes someone will pull alongside you and ask for directions.
16. You can never drive slow enough to please the citizens who don't need a cop, and you can never drive fast enough to please the ones who do.
17. Any drunk, hyped-up and crazy suspect with a rifle is a better shot than any cop with a pistol.
18. From behind you, the bad guys can see your night sights as well as you can.
19. On any call, there will always be more 'bad guys' than there are good guys, and the farther away your back-up, the more there will be.
20. The longer you've been a cop, the shorter your flashlight and your temper gets.
21. Whatever you are about to do, if there is a good chance it will get you killed, you probably shouldn't do it.
22. You should never do a shotgun search of a dark warehouse with a cop whose nickname is "Boomer".
23. The better you do your job, the more likely you are to be shot at, injured, complained on, sued, investigated, or subpoenaed on your day off.
24. If a large group of drunk bikers is "holed-up" in a house, the Department will send one officer in a beat car. If there is one biker "holed-up" in a house, they will send the entire S.W.A.T. Team.
25. Drake was a patrolman
Monday, September 10, 2012
Drakes Rules of Law Enforcement
Got this from Facebook...pretty good!