Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

There is hope for Beth after all....

Last week I was speaking with Claude, the man who introduced Beth and I. We got on the the recent Three Stooges movies and I mentioned how I was waiting for the Mel Gibson produced bio of them to come out. Well he found it on Amazon, I ordered it and watched it tonight.


It’s not a stretch to say the men were screwed over by the studio for royalties when the group had a revival in the 1950s. But Moe, Larry and Curly Joe DeRita had some good final years in the late 50s and 60s.

But something did impress me. Beth, like my sister Toni (and most women for some strange reason) hates the Stooges. But both really liked this movie. When I spoke to Toni about it in 2000 (her boys would not miss it) she said she didn’t know how they got started and how much they really feared Ted Healy. But she and Beth were both impressed with the movie, a bio showing how Hollywood worked for generations.

I’ve always loved the Stooges and many an afternoon I spent in front of the TV watching four shorts. I know Mel Gibson is a huge fan of the Three Stooges and you may recall a scene in Lethal Weapon II. After Riggs had gone home he was channel surfing for some entertainment on the TV. He catches a short of Moe, Larry and Curley and pitches the remote. His has something for his amusement.

I don’t know if I’m going to watch the new movie. Remakes are rairley better than origianl and I don’t want the greatmness of these mend in my mind.

And ladies, if you can’t understand the greatness of Moe, Larry and Curley, all I can say it’s a man thing. You wouldn’t understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment