Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This is a true Saints fan...we raise em young

New Orleans beat the Texans in preseason football this past Saturday.  Hey, cut Houston some slack, they were playing the best offense in the league.  Now this is a story from one of the Houston players, David Anderson about his reception in The Big Easy.

I had an interesting experience at the Louisiana Superdome this past weekend. Not only did I take a pretty good whack on my last catch down in the red zone, which my head is still feeling. (No thanks to the new concussion-reduction helmet I'm trying out. What good is it if the stupid thing doesn't stay on my head?)


What's worse is that before every game I like to give my warm-up gloves to a fan — usually a little Texans fan. I couldn't find any Texans fans that day, so I offered them to a youngster in a Saints jersey; I thought it'd be fun for any kid.


His father was ecstatic as I walked over. I reached out to the boy, gloves in hand and got, "No, I don't want 'em!" He shot me down, the little diehard! First time that's ever happened.
Yep, we raise em young in New Orleans.  And here is to another Superbowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment