Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Adventures in a strange new world

As some of you know I recently became engaged and my financee and her two girls moved into my place. Having lived in this four bedroom house for most part alone since I bought it is a bit of a change. But I just had an adventure that reminds me of becoming one of your parents.

The youngest Adele had her birthday and got a gift card to a local video game store. Her sister Katie insisted on coming with us and upon arrival the girls descended into the place at warp speed. They did (more or less) know what they wanted and we got in line to pay. Both also needed to pay separately. I usually am stuck at the back of the line this and am ready to scream, already late for work. But I had to just grin and bear it...and the parents in line behind me understood!

I can't wait till Katie brings home her first boyfriend!

2 comments:

  1. I can offer a simple solution for when boyfriends show up:
    - Show them your bar (they know you drink)
    - Show them your military-police credentials (they know you own weapons and offer no bones about using them)
    - Define for them "post traumatic stress syndrome
    - Let them put these things together (crazy man boozed up who's looking for a target)

    problem solved

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now son, you know the gators off I-10 gotta eat...and you know they can't trace shotgun buckshot, even if it really does a wonder...have a nice night...and did I say be home by 10...make that 930..."

    ReplyDelete