Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Brooks at least admits he's a sap.....

I recently posted on my trouble believing GEN Colin Powell when he says he's not sold on Obama yet for 2012. And I have a long time argument with a reader on RotLC saying he was a moderate who decided on Obama on the election day. Forgive me if I have trouble swallowing that. But I have to appreciate some honesty from a RINO like Brooks in this article.
Obama Rejects Obamaism
By DAVID BROOKS

I’m a sap, a specific kind of sap. I’m an Obama Sap.

When the president said the unemployed couldn’t wait 14 more months for help and we had to do something right away, I believed him. When administration officials called around saying that the possibility of a double-dip recession was horrifyingly real and that it would be irresponsible not to come up with a package that could pass right away, I believed them.

I liked Obama’s payroll tax cut ideas and urged Republicans to play along. But of course I’m a sap. When the president unveiled the second half of his stimulus it became clear that this package has nothing to do with helping people right away or averting a double dip. This is a campaign marker, not a jobs bill...

...He claimed we can afford future Medicare costs if we raise taxes on the rich. He repeated the old half-truth about millionaires not paying as much in taxes as their secretaries. (In reality, the top 10 percent of earners pay nearly 70 percent of all income taxes, according to the I.R.S. People in the richest 1 percent pay 31 percent of their income to the federal government while the average worker pays less than 14 percent, according to the Congressional Budget Office.)...

...Yes, I’m a sap. I believed Obama when he said he wanted to move beyond the stale ideological debates that have paralyzed this country. I always believe that Obama is on the verge of breaking out of the conventional categories and embracing one of the many bipartisan reform packages that are floating around.
If you believed that Dave you are more than a sap but a fish..and Obama has you hook line and sinker.

But remember, I’m a sap. The White House has clearly decided that in a town of intransigent Republicans and mean ideologues, it has to be mean and intransigent too...
Dave this makes me doubt your sincerity or sanity. A building does not make decisions, a man does. Or in this case a man-child. And he is as cold and vicious as anyone who as ever gotten into that office. Anyone with half an eye and brain can see that.

...Being a sap, I still believe that the president’s soul would like to do something about the country’s structural problems. I keep thinking he’s a few weeks away from proposing serious tax reform and entitlement reform. But each time he gets close, he rips the football away. He whispered about seriously reforming Medicare but then opted for changes that are worthy but small. He talks about fundamental tax reform, but I keep forgetting that he has promised never to raise taxes on people in the bottom 98 percent of the income scale.
Dave, have you ever scene Charlie Brown and Lucy holding the ball.....
..., but by God Obama’s going to raise taxes on rich people who give to charity! We’ve got to do something to reduce the awful philanthropy surplus plaguing this country!
And remember the definition of "rich" is going lower and lower....now at 200k a year.

If you are stupid enough to believe B Hussein Obama don't feel so bad...there are plenty of saps out there (see above comments). And if you are so detached from reality cheer up, you are still qualified to write for the New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment