Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Life is grand and other such lies...

Been a long few days late last week and I was off the net for bit.

The youngest son (and my Godson) of some good friends of mine had surgery at Texas Children’s Hospital to repair a hole in the heart he was born with. The operation went beautifully, the boy it eating like a horse and he should be home late tomorrow, a few days early.

Spent last night in Abita Springs LA at the Abita Beer Brew Pup, catching up with friends from high school. Now everyone has their clic in school. The nerds, the jocks, the brains, the goths. I was in Air Force Junior ROTC at East Jefferson High School. Now the fun part is the people pictured here are from three schools (EJ, Riverdale and my alumni, Grace King). In the case off Mark and Reba I haven’t seen them in over 25 years. We all caught up on Facebook over the last year and we decided to get together for an informal reunion. Catch up, tell lies about how great we turned out, etc. Damned it was fun and I thank God I stopped the Turbodogs and Arrogant Bastards around 10 Coffee to finish up.

To Us and Those Like Us!
Woke up in a foreign land called Covington LA and got on the bike. 375 miles to watch the Saints blow it. And I wonder if we have a free agent head coach out there. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

After an excellent dinner, I’m on my porch with some 12 year old single malt, an excellent Romeo y Julieta Reserve cigar and my Mac PowerBook, iPhone and iPad, I’m hearing the wifie complaining about the dog and his tendency to chew things like toilet paper.

The though hits me, “Welcome home Mike”

Hope you had a great weekend and here's to a better week.

No comments:

Post a Comment