Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sometimes the Altizhemers works out.

I showed up at work Friday afternoon and the radio room officer looked at me kinda strange. “Mike, you’re in the book today...you’re off...”

I verified I was scheduled to be off and remembered Beth and I originally planned to take the kids on a weekend trip but the her schedule killed that off. So I get an unplanned four day weekend.

Friday night I get to spend with the family watching Katy in her choir. The girl has a fantastic voice and she starts voice lessons in a week.



Saturday morning I was able to take part in the Nun Run Motorcycle Ride. Over 200 motorcycle bikes on a ride to Galveston to support 13 school clinics and other services put on by the Sisters. Fun as hell on the ride and got to walk through the Galveston Air Museum.









Saturday night with Beth, riding the bike to a local fair and an excellent seafood dinner. We get to finally spend a weekend night together.

Sunday...it’s football. Saints pull out a great one and Carolina gets its ass kicked so New Orleans is on top of the NFC South. A lot of people come on over including my niece with her dog Hanna. Elmer and her had the greatest time. Also

Hate to say it but I’m hoping Atlanta wins tonight...we need someone to knock off Green Bay.

All in all an excellent weekend. Hope you all had a great one and here is to an even better week.

No comments:

Post a Comment