Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I swear ossifer, I'm not as think as you drunk I am!"

"One shot." Usually the answer to the question "Have you had anything to drink tonight?" is "A couple of beers…" My usual answer is "A couple of what? Forty ounces, six packs, keys?" Or on the "Walk and Turn", I ask them to put their left foot down and it's a challenge, my normal comment is "Your other left…" If they don't get it it's even more fun"

On my first DWI back in 2000 or so, it took 20 minutes for the jury to convict. I asked the DA what caused that and he said, "Honesty the video from the intox center. Put that in front of twelve people and they say, "Looks like a drunk, acts like a drunk, sounds like a drunk, that's a drunk!"

Small world. Two weeks ago I was in a cigar shop on my him from work and a man said "It's you!" He was the father of the young lady who was involved in that accident. He recalled I didn't' wear glasses back then. Damned, I wish I had that memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment