Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, May 3, 2010

This really had to annoy the Kennedy's

I was searching through my kitchen cabinet last night and found a coffee mug I bought in 1989 when I went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. It had images from the Apollo 11 landing from July 1969. And it just occurred to me this must have annoyed a lot of the Kennedy kiddies to see whose signature was on the bottom of the plaque on the landing module arm.

So if the Vulcans visit in the next few thousand years and find a piece of machinery in Tranquility Bay, they will see the great leader of 1969.

RICHARD NIXON, PRESIDENT, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA



The one from Apollo 17, the last moon landing also has his signature





Somewhere, down there, I hope Teddy Kennedy is even more pissed off!

No comments:

Post a Comment