Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Thing that make you say “what?”



I took Elmer to the vet today for a follow up exam and shots this morning and everything was great. He’s up to 15.6 pounds (gained six pounds in last month) and everything else was cool. However I did ask the clerk there about two issues: Elmer likes to eat grass and his own excrement.

She told me both are normal for puppies. As far as the grass “He should just outgrow that….” As far as the other, “Well if he doesn’t outgrow that we have a prescription that will make it taste bad to him and he will stop…”

Took a few seconds (I hadn’t had my second pot of coffee yet) for these words to register. We will need to give him a drug so his poop won’t taste bad to him.

I told her “Let’s see if he just outgrows it by himself…”

This just don’t compute….maybe it will after my second pot!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I have a friend that is alcoholic and he use to take something call "Antabuse" (I think that was what it is called). He said it would make you sick if you drank alcohol while on the "medication." Wonder if this is sorta the same thing for dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of the stuff, but not the name of it...still weird about a dog. I love to remind the wife about it as Elmer is licking her! :<)

    ReplyDelete