Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

News from the old home town!

The future of America here folks...our strength is our diversity!

I call New Orleans my home but I was really born in Houma and lived the first half of my childhood in Thibodaux. My buddy Buddy linked to this on Facebook....man, makes you proud of the old town and thinking this is who will be paying for my Social Security in my declining years!
Police: Home invasion solved after suspect returns to crime scene for keys

THIBODAUX, La. – The Thibodaux Police Department has arrested four people in connection with the home invasion of an elderly man after one of the suspects returned to the scene of the crime looking for her keys....

...Ricky Ross, a spokesman for the police department, said 22-year-old Emily Lemmon, 21-year-old Megan Landry, 26-year-old Brandy Landry and 22-year-old Anthony Noel were all booked with simple burglary.

Ross said the three female suspects entered the victim’s home wanting to buy pain medication. While the victim was speaking to the women, Noel came into the home, grabbed his medication bag and fled, Ross said.

But the case didn’t go unsolved for long. One of the suspects returned to the scene to retrieve her keys that she dropped inside the victim’s home, Ross said, and the suspects were arrested not long after.

The four suspects are being held in the Lafourche Parish Detention Center on a $75,000 bond.
In all seriousness I was back in Thibodaux in 2007 and looked at a public housing project I lived in for a while. Back then we would leave our cars unlocked, I always left the dirty cloths hamper in the laundry room, etc. Not any more. I'm glad I had my gun next to me.

Oh well...another part of my youth gone! Have a great day...and remember it's almost Friday. Hopefully these punks haven't made it our on bail yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment