Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Progress on the test front, progress on the education front and True Grit

As you know my blogging has been down because I've been studying for a promotion exam which has consumed everything. In addition to my time in the library I've been taking a prep course and took the final comprehensive prep test today. I scored a 76, which is ten points higher than the class average. Last week I scored six points higher. Now this man's course is know to be tougher than the test so I'm starting to get a warm and fuzzy.

Also the test is now just nine and a wake up away. And I am so ready for it to be over. I miss actually working for a living!

Also got word from the VA my GI Bill has been approved so I can start work on my masters degree sometime this fall. Onward!

Finally Beth and I sat and watched a movie we've had from Netflix since January 17. The remake of True Grit. I will say it was a great film. Wayne's original is still the best but Bridges kicked ass in this. I'll finally mail it back on Monday.

After checking a few things for the test, I kinda took it easy today after the prep test. I needed a break. It starts again for real early tomorrow. Nine and a wakeup. At least I can see daylight at the end of the tunnel.

Once more unto the breach dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment