Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, February 22, 2019

One of the greatest songs of all time...

Whenever I am wound up, things are going insane, this song brings me down. The song, and the lyrics, to A Whiter Shade of Pale.



A Whiter Shade of Pale

Procol Harum

We skipped the light Fandango
Turned cartwheels ´cross the floor
I was feeling kind of seasick
But the crowd called out for more

The room was humming harder
As the ceiling flew away
When we called out for another drink
The waiter brought a tray

And so it was that later
As the Miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of paleShe said there is no reason

And the truth is plain to see
But I wandered through my playing cards
And I would not let her be
One of the sixteen vestal virgins

Who were leaving for the coast
And although my eyes were open
They might just as well´ve been closedAnd so it was that later
As the Miller told his tale

That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale

I'm gonna need something to take me down a bit. I'm doing the taxes tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment