Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, May 24, 2019

Officially the beginning of summer....

Then again in the Deep South do we really notice.

A friend from the academy mentioned how his retirement plans include moving to the Rocky Mountain states. "Mike, after New Orleans and Houston, I want somewhere where I have four seasons." My response, "We got four season, two months of fall, two months of winter, two months of spring, and six month of summer."

As this is the Memorial Day weekend, and I have family and friends coming in for a crawfish boil tomorrow (an annual event), and the official summer season is here, I think this is a great song to greet it with.

Have a great weekend, and remember, Memorial Day is not celebrated. It's commemorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment