Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A bit of a vent on more political correctness

My friend Darren at RotLC alerted me about the enlightened and tolerant Canadians banning the song Money for Nothing by Dire Straits because of this line:

The little faggot with the earring and the makeup.
Yeah, buddy, that's his own hair.
That little faggot's got his own jet airplane.
That little faggot he's a millionaire".

It's inappropriate to use the term faggot for homosexuals according to the Canadian Broadcasting Standards Council. OK. Now I wonder if this song is a really not up to standards:



I got my black shirt on.
I got my black gloves on.
I got my ski mask on.
This s***'s been too long.

I got my twelve gauge sawed off.
I got my headlights turned off.
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off.
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off.

Cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, f**k police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin' (f**k 'em)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even.

Cop Killer from the artist Ice T

Or this great music entitled In Da Club from Half Dollar...err 50 Cent

When I pull out up front, you see the Benz on dubs
When I roll 20 deep, it's 20 knives in the club
Niggas heard I f*** with Dre, now they wanna show me love
When you sell like Eminem, and the hoes they wanna f***
But homie ain't nothing change hold down, G's up
I see Xzibit in the Cutt that nigga roll that weed up
If you watch how I move you'll mistake me for a playa or pimp
Been hit wit a few shells but I dont walk wit a limp
In the hood then the ladies saying "50 you hot"
They like me, I want them to love me like they love 'Pac
But holla in New York them niggas'll tell ya im loco
And the plan is to put the rap game in a choke hold
I'm feelin' focused man, my money on my mind
I got a mill out the deal and I'm still on the grind
Now shawty said she feeling my style, she feeling my flow
Her girlfriend wanna get bi and they ready to go

My flow, my show brought me the doe
That bought me all my fancy things
My crib, my cars, my pools, my jewels
Look nigga I got K-Mart and I ain't change

I wonder if the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council or any of the other alphabet soup groups funded by the Canadian taxpayer find offense of the word "nigger" in the classic Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Oh wait, they don't have to be offended anymore...they can you use the new version that uses slave instead (and doesn't use Injun for American Indians...hey people don't get upset...I don't want to offend the AIM).

I got the vent when I was driving in and I heard on 107.5 FM in Houston and they started playing Money for Nothing...but when they came to the offensive line they just cut it out...the cleaned version is:
The little ______ with the earring and the makeup.
Yeah, buddy, that's his own hair.
That little ______'s got his own jet airplane.
That little ______ he's a millionaire".

A term falls from accepted use we just eliminate it or ban it. For those of you who have read it, 1984 had similar items where pictures of people who had fallen from favor would be redoctored to eliminate the man. I guess this is the modern equivalent. I've often said out loud Mel Brooks could not make Blazing Saddles or History of the World today...and I recall when script writers were first working on adapting the novel The Hunt for Red October there were issues...how to write in a women into a pretty much all male story. It's kinda ironic that these idiots from Hollyweird who like to call themselves independent and free thinkers who like to push the envelope. Only certain envelopes are allowed to be pushed.

George Orwell wrote 1984 in large part as a warning...I pray it's not too late...and I hope it doesn't get rewritten like Adventures of Huckleberry Finn..

No comments:

Post a Comment