Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sheriff Dupnik may be removed from office...a bit too late

Earlier this month I gave my opinion of the Sheriff of Pima County AZ and his official performance after the mass shooting in Tucson.
Sheriff Dupnik, during one of your screeches you mentioned you have been a law man for over 50 years, which means you were a cop years before I was born. And Sheriff Dupnik, from one cop to another, you are embarrassing me.

...I know you are an elected Democrat but you are either exploiting this mass murder to get yourself in the spotlight or you are clueless. I don’t know which is worse for the head of the Pima County Sheriff’s office of a million person community, but I know which one is more disgusting.

...I remind you sir you are the leader of you department. The officers of your department deserve better. Just solve the damned crime!

And I know I was not the only person thinking that…but at least there is a chance he can be held accountable for his actions.

...When National Review Online asked Pima County GOP chairman Brian Miller whether there was any doubt in his mind that Dupnik, a vocal liberal in a state with comparably few, had used his office to score political points in the aftermath of the Tucson shootings, an almost incredulous Miller responded: “No doubt at all. It’s inarguable. It’s been videotaped.”

And now, Pima County Republicans are more determined than ever to do something about it. They’ve launched dumpsheriffdupnik.com, the virtual locus of a money-bomb that hopes to raise $100,000 to oust the 30-year, seven-term incumbent...

As of day one they've raised a little over 1000...it's a start. Next paycheck I will send in something to rid us of this disgrace to the badge.

1 comment:

  1. My first post has the link to the interview with Fox News. Go straight to the 6 minutes mark and you get the stuff. Hopefully he gets knocked off in two years...or recalled if that's an option.

    ReplyDelete