Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would agree with Al Frankin

Recently I've posted on how I don't agree with the War Powers Act but I think Congress needs to vote on Libya. Now I question my sanity....Al Frankin agrees with me!....somewhat.

Al Franken: Congress Needs To Vote On Libya

MINNEAPOLIS -- Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) told TPM this morning that if the President Obama wants to keep bombing Libya, he'll need to ask Congress' permission.

"We're going to have to vote," Franken said shortly after his speech to the Netroots Nation crowd gathered here in his home state Saturday...

..."I disagree with his take on it," Franken said. "I understand what his take is, which is that we don't have any troops on the ground, we are -- you know, whatever it is, I don't agree with it."

In the long term, Franken said, Congress must give Obama authorization to continue the war.

"The War Powers Act should be enforced," Franken said.

Not quite Al. IMHO the WPA is unconstitutional but Congress has a power called the budget. Get off your dead ass and defund this CF little Al...sorry, people don't like you.

Please, tell me I'm not loosing it....Al and I agree somewhat....

HT: NewsAlert

No comments:

Post a Comment