Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Something to make you curious

Last week while I was on patrol I stopped a homeless man for jaywalking.  I really wanted to check if he had warrants but when I asked him for an ID he was unsure but he said, “I got this”.
He handed me a new voter card.  The address was a homeless shelter that a lot of street people use to get their mail.
Now if I was living on the street hoping I could make dinner tonight and where I would sleep, I really doubt I would be worrying if Bill White or Rich Perry was governor.  But someone got him down to the Registrar of Voters and helped him get registered.  Something tells me they are leftist and will gladly transport these people to the voting booth in a few weeks…probably get them some lunch while they are at it. 
I’ve often said I believe in universal suffrage but things like this make me question that. Here is someone being used by liberals (let’s be honest, that what is happening) to influence the vote for something like a dinner.  Now he has no real ties to this area he’s registered in and therefore doesn’t give a damn if they vote for someone competent. 
Maybe a requirement that you actually pay income or payroll taxes …something to make sure if you vote you have some real interest in what happens after an idiot is elected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment