Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Changing of the Chair

There I was, 24 years old, newly stationed at Fort Carson Colorado in the fall of 1989. The post itself was a dump but the area is beautiful. And I'm living in an apartment by myself for the first time so what do I need but furniture.

Like all men I needed My Chair as Archie Bunker would say and the people at Montgomery Ward in Colorado Springs did me good.

Elmer likes Daddy's chair

Between it, the sofa and love seat I didn't fall asleep in my bed for the first month after getting my living room set. All the pieces have served me well but time has taken its toll. It's been 22 years since I picked it up and we got rid of the sofa last year (Beth hated it actually and I wanted to keep the peace :<) ) and the love seat we had placed in our bedroom will be going to the Salvation Army soon. Well a couple of months ago the in-laws suggested I take this seat...it's fairly new and they were going to get rid of it so I said "What the hell...thanks" And Elmer does like it...

Time goes on...but I still got My Chair!








In with the new

No comments:

Post a Comment