Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Houston Chronicle shows how clueless it is

From the morning's Houston Chronicle:

I just wonder are the editors of the Chronicle buying into black helicopter crowd? FEMA has no air assets. They are a coordination organization. If a helicopter is up there getting someone out of the water it will say something that is actually called for in the US Constitution, like US Coast Guard or Navy. Or the National Guard.

People who have a "Get big government off my back" bumper sticker have no issue with using military resources to respond to a emergency. Call it service to the nation that the armed forces are raised for. It's things like seizing multiple industries (auto, banking, health care), telling citizens in the republic you must have have an insurance policy they don't want or they will be fined and being told we must pay for that. Or being told "Your greedy" when people say "I think paying half my income in taxes is excessive."

And the Chronicle wonders why it downsized a couple of years ago. They are out of touch with their readers.

2 comments:

  1. I have read a lot of big city newspapers in my time and the Chronicle is one of the worst. The sports section alone is enough to make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the digital edition Mon-Sat and on my iPad it generally takes 15 minutes to go through it.

      We keep the Sunday paper edition for the coupons.

      Delete