Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, December 3, 2012

CALLING ALL CARS! GENERAL BROADCAST 121203-001

How to handle this? I had just finished a detail (for all others, extra employment as security for a small store) and picked up a few things at the near by Wal-Mart. Well I had to go to a few placed before heading home and it’s better to be out of uniform because it can be a pain in the ass. I was standing by the open truck of the Hyundai, I’ve just taken my belt off, was taking off the shirt when I hear this annoying voice from behind “Officer!...Officer!...can you drive me around the parking lot so I can find my car?” Damned she sound like Mrs Kravitz from Bewitched.

How to handle this after being up on less than 6 hours sleep and just working 6 hours on my feet?

“No ma’am I cannot...I have to be somewhere is fifteen minutes.” Only a partial lie, but I did need to get going.

Now, serious question. Why is it a citizen is expecting an obviously off duty officer to simply be her concierge service? And I’m sorry but even if I was on duty my job is to not be your taxi. It’s to handle criminal acts, disturbances, etc. Forgive me if driving you around is not part of that.

Any ideas on this.

4 comments:

  1. She had no one else to turn to and was asking a favor. Your answer, while not *ideal* from a PR standpoint, was nonetheless reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick H. Yancey is an attorney consultant Maritime Lawyers in Houma with extensive familiarity and knowledge of the offshore oil and gas industry and cruise ships.With experience as both petroleum engineers and roustabouts we are cruise ship injury attorney Jones Act and Maritime lawyer and personal injury lawyer in Louisiana.Our total comprehension of the maritime industry allows us to provide unsurpassed representation to our clients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's bad when you got Lawyers spamming your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta go with you anon....I was wondering why the hell I need attorney. I went Christmas shopping and already got robbed!
      :<)

      Delete