Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Taking yourself too seriously

Got this from Legal Insurrection l last week, You’re just a tree falling in the forest, lady.  As a blogger who loves anytime someone posts to my blog or refers to me I am happy.  Not this woman.
And no one is going to hear you.

I was going to link to a quite interesting post, with an excerpt, regarding the “Violence Against Women Act.”

The author, someone I had never heard of, writing at a website I never had heard of, made some excellent points.

My hope was to call attention to her post, hopefully send some readers over there (like an Instalanche, only smaller), and maybe get others interested in her excellent points.

But when I headed back there this morning to prepare the post, I saw this:

You’re not that important. Neither am I. Neither is anyone on the internet.

Get used to it.

Now your excellent points will not be heard.
Again lady, you're not that important.

2 comments:

  1. Thatis too funny Cop's Watch. I too like supporting others in this social media realm. Great information and ideas flow freely, but that one does deserve a mention. Getting over it may not even help this "poster."
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, last summer I was driving up US-59 in NE Texas and came up on this billboard:

      http://acopswatch.blogspot.com/2012/07/you-know-this-is-gonna-be-great-day.html

      I sent that up to Legal Insurrection and this was the result:

      http://acopswatch.blogspot.com/2012/07/blogolanch.html

      Over 2000 hits on this one posting. The funny thing is there were only three comments on it and they didn’t have anything to do with the picture but my black background with white lettering format.

      But I’m very grateful for Dr Jacobson and his crew for my 15 minutes of blog fame!

      Delete