Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Taking it easy for a bit....


Blogging will be light for a few. This is the view from the back porch of our cabin at the 7F Lodge outside of College Station TX. Some of you may not know but I got married on Saturday the 9th. As Beth and I are both in college and can't take a full honeymoon, so we have this mini-moon. A few days in the great woods with no TV (not a real loss), only cell phones and no internet except the stuff I'm paying for.....waaaaaa.

Wednesday we're going to tour the George HW Bush Library at Texas A&M then topping off the mini-moon with a five course meal at the Messina Hof Vinery. If all goes well we will be back late Wednesday. If we are a bit too plastered then Thursday morning.

As I sit in a rocker with my beautiful new wife, smoking a Romeo y Julieta Romeo Churchill and enjoying a Shiner FM 966 Farmhouse Ale, I have to say life is pretty good right now. Hope yours is the same. Have a great few days till I'm back on!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats my Brother. Come back to La and visit sometimes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and sounds like a plan! Need to restock on things like meat from Don's Specialty off of exit 97. Got a restock of Community Coffee from my niece last week!

      Delete