Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, May 3, 2013

IT IS DONE!

Daddy, come in please!

My final paper that is.

I made a mistake on New Year’s Eve. I enrolled the first class in my master’s program, starting the class in the two months before my wedding. Add to that a lot of unplanned for overtime from Field Training, Traffic and DWI. Love the money and I really needed to pay off the wedding but it resulted in me having to push it with the class...barley made it in with the final paper last night and it was not my best work. I’ll start my next class in June and I shouldn’t have any major things come up till later this summer/fall when I get promoted.
So I’m on the way to my master’s degree, my promotion is later this year and summer is almost upon us. Time for summertime resolutions.

I generally don’t make New Year’s resolutions. They are never kept. But for the new summer, here we go. In no particular order:

Get back into reading. My goal is one average size book a week. Been off the for a while and I miss it. Plus read my magazines on Sunday morning with the Chronicle.

Get to church more often. Period.

Keep up with my STRATFOR and other readings and start posting on the blog again on what is happening in the world.

Get to the gym regularly and especially the pool.

Clean up the office and the garage. Office first. It needs it after the last few days.

Enjoy the family more. We’re going to the museum with the girls on Sunday, the in-laws for Sunday dinner and got the family coming over in a few weeks for the yearly crawfish boil.

Get out of the house more, period. The walls are closing in. Take Elmer for a daily walk. Pick up a hammock so I can relax outside more with Beth or just a good book.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Enjoying a Rocky Patel with some excellent coffee It’s Friday morning on a gorgeous day in Houston. Not a cloud in the sky, no humidity and it’s in the 50s. In May. ALGORE must be in town talking about Global Warming or something. And the NRA is in town. I’ll try and sneak over there for a bit. Monday is the

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment