Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, May 2, 2015

John Wayne

The Duke, off the screen


One of my favorite actors of all time, as American as they get, John Wayne. Right after Beth and I were married and got back from the mini-moon, they were playing The Quiet Man and I asked "You've seen this?", a rhetorical question. To my horror she said no and I asking "What kind of communist did I marry?!" But she sat with me and like millions, she loved the movie and especially this scene.

Now I've heard he wore a hair piece and just considered it part of his routine, as his costumes and makeup. He once said, "Whenever I go on the screen, I play John Wayne, no matter what the role." But off the screen he was just one of the guys. Here is a short film showing him off the big screen. Maybe a bit less hair, but no less great. We miss you Duke.

No comments:

Post a Comment