Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, March 17, 2023

Something the Oscars missed...

Last week I posted on my Facebook page on an article about the Oscars, how there were trying to become more relevant. They were trying to keep the slide in ratings from continuing, so they would present all awards, limit the time for speeches, etc.

My answer, "Guys, it ain't the Oscars, it's the movies. They suck." If someone is unwilling to spend 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours in a theater, after getting ripped off on tickets, snacks, etc, why do you think we will bother watching your show to talk about about great you are and how the country which provides your wealth is bad. It says enough when Gary Oldman won the award for his awesome protrayal of Sir Winston Churchill in Darkest Hour and thanks America,  he got no applause while praising the country of most of the people in the audience, and the twitts on Twitter attacked him.

Well, it's not like I watched the show. I posted on FB "Onto more exciting news, I have a fresh coat of paint on my garage wall and I'll watch it dry as tonight's entertainment." Looks like a lot of other people have the same thoughts, only 16 million people watched. To put that into context, just ten years ago over 40 million did. 

To no one's shock, Top Gun: Maverick, nominated for six awards, only got one. It was only to top grossing movie last year, the only reason theaters actually had reason to be open, so of course they don't care. Talk about an industry that's missed the mark. Give the customer what he wants. 

A few years back I was working the VIP Entrance at the Super Bowl in Houston, and I had the pleasure of meeting Lady Gaga. I've dealt with VIPs before and they can be jerks, but she was very pleasant, spent time with every K9 out there (she's a dog fanatic), and immediately said she would take some pictures with my officers: 




As the Academy snubbed its best film of recent time (out of six nominations, it won for Best Sound), I figure I'll give this a post. It's Lady Gaga's song from the soundtrack (also nominated, didn't win), Hold My Hand.





Thank you my lady for a great few moments on one long ass day (17 hours on the clock). I would be delighted to meet you again. Everyone else, have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment