Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, June 14, 2010

A real leader is visiting another real leader


Sarah Palin visiting Margaret Thatcher


Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is planning a trip to London and a visit with former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher...In a Facebook post scheduled to go up Monday, Palin writes: “I have received an invitation for a visit to London, and part of that invitation included the offer of arranging a meeting between myself and one of my political heroines, the ‘Iron Lady,’ Margaret Thatcher....I would love to meet her and hope I'll be able to arrange the trip in the future...As I wrote last year when I offered her birthday wishes, Baroness Thatcher’s life and career serve as a blueprint for overcoming the odds and challenging the ‘status quo...Mrs. Thatcher used to say about politics 'You want something said, ask a man. You want something done, ask a woman.’


You're on target as usual Governor...the men who succeeded her as PM still cannot come out of her shadow and I unfortunately see no one to replace her in the British Conservative Party. Damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment