Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

An awesome concert

Last night I finally got to see Pat Benatar live at the Houston House of Blues. I’ve wanted to see her all over these years and never was in town (often times thanks to the Army) and Beth and I went with a couple of friends.

In a word, fantastic. Pat still looks great at 57 and her voice rocks the house. The House of Blues is a small enough venue that you can see her fairly easy and the acoustics are good. About the only real problem was the air conditioning (or lack thereof). It was hot as hell. And of course I got raped on a beer…12 bucks for a 24oz beer. They could have at least given me a good financing deal on the booze.

The song list was the classics…she started with All Fired Up, included Heartbreaker, Promises in the Dark and Suffer the Little Children. She dedicated Invincible to the troops overseas. Pretty much all the songs you would want to hear from this woman. And she sounded magnificent!

Still, I can say I saw someone I’ve been waiting years to see. Dinner, the concert, after dinner drinks and eats with great friends. Doesn’t get any better.
Hopefully I can say the same in two weeks….we’re having hot Meatloaf!



Yes, Beth and I got ours!











Sold out! And it was packed!












Pat and Neil can still rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment