Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

I generally keep some anonymity on my blog for multiple reasons.  One is my profession.  The other is my agency is really, what is the word, picky (polite word, open site) about social media.  But I will let a little bit out.  I just got a new license plate for my vehicle and it is a classic if I say so myself!


Until recently Texas would only allow a six character license plate and I was looking at "NC1701" or something like that, but it was not good.  Then I just happened to be reading the paper in February and there was an article saying for seven days beginning March 7th at 700 am (see a pattern) you can order a seven character plate.  So I woke up at a quarter to seven, drank coffee, logged, put in the request and my heart almost stopped when I got the message "Plate Available".  Yes!  To my astonishment there was not a bigger geek out there...then again they are probably just going to sleep, not waking up.  It has to be destiny.

Few minute filling out the online request, paying too damned much money and a few weeks to get the actual plate in.  But I wanted to frame it better than the dealer frame and online again...and it has the real words to start the show (Sorry Captain Picard, but it will always be "no man"...Kirk kicks ass!).

And final precaution...security bolts on it...God knows there are other nerds out there who might be tempted.

I really wanted it for the Harley but they won't issue seven character plates for motorcycles yet.  But I own the license for this plate number for ten years so I can transfer if the opportunity presents itself.

So yes, you get to the Houston area and see this plate, you got an ID on MikeAT from A Cop's Watch.

2 comments:

  1. Leaving Clues? I myself try not to leave many clues as I have been "an educator" for over a year now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea but I couldn't resist this :<)

    ReplyDelete