Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Another great dumb criminal story....

Who says the brass doesn't work.
Woman who flipped off Sheriff Clarke while driving, speaks out. Woman cited for driving with a suspended license and reckless driving

 

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE— One woman learned a big lesson the hard way Thursday: never give your fellow driver the finger, especially when that driver is the most powerful member of the sheriff's department - and you are driving with a suspended license! Cheryl Smith was arrested Thursday and cited for driving with a suspended license, and also got a $393 ticket for reckless driving, after she flipped off Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke near 9th and State...

...Smith says it was a look from a fellow driver on I-43 southbound Thursday that provoked her to make a gesture she now regrets. "I jumped from behind him, to the first lane, to the middle lane, and that's when I happened to look over. He had his window down, and he was giving me the 'are you serious?' look. I flipped him off, just so he could see it, and then I put it back, and started driving," Smith said.

It wasn't until Smith saw the flashing lights that she realized the vehicle was an unmarked squad car, and the person she flipped off: Sheriff Clarke! "I even uttered to myself, 'is she giving me the finger?' I mean, she held it up that long, that I could make sure," Sheriff Clarke said.

"He pulled his vehicle in front, and got out, and that's when I was like, I flipped off the police. It's David Clarke I flipped off," Smith said....

When I was a high school senior some friends of mine were driving by a parking lot with a lot of cops in the place. One friend throws a boodle of Jack Daniels out the car and two seconds later the lights go on. Who walks out but Sheriff Harry Lee himself. If anyone has every met him before he is a mass of a man, very intimidating. Fortunately he cut us some slack after my buddy cleaned up the mess. Lesson learned for the young and stupid as opposed to the middle aged and dumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment