Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, November 25, 2011

A classic dumb criminal story for Black Friday

Is comment needed.


Boy asks for job, then shoplifts from same store, police say

A Santa Clarita teenager applying for a job at a hobby shop dropped off his resume then grabbed a $129 Airsoft gun and strolled out the door, police said Tuesday.

The 17-year-old, whose name was not released because he's underage, explained his thinking this way:

“Honestly, I wasn't planning on stealing anything," he told KTLA-TV. "I was actually trying to get a job. And... what can I say? I'm a teenager, that's stupid.”...

I sleep well at night thinking this moron will be paying my Social Security! :<)

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. It would have been much better if he just asked the shop owner if he could buy the gun on installment. They could have worked out an arrangement. For example, he could work in the company, and every salary cutoff, half of it could be deducted as payment for the Airsoft gun until the amount has been paid. He shouldn’t have resorted to a criminal act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph

      They said he explained his thinking this way. I disagree. I don't think he was thinking!

      Delete