Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Over the hill....what hill? I don't remember any hill!

OK, this is a strange morning. After a miserable night’s sleep I got notified I forgot to turn the alarm off by it’s 0600 noise so I could’t sleep in like I’d planned. Beth looks at me and says “Can you get Adele’s lunch ready, I’m sick...”. After I get up I see the girl has pretty much gotten her lunch ready and I’m up for no real reason. So I decide to get going to get my truck’s oil changed. I pick up a breakfast taco and make a nice sized grease spot on my shirt.

Happy Birthday Mike!

As I’m trying to not have an accident and eat I hear a woman on the radio claim six million people have food allergies and she has started a new company selling clothing for kids identify them as such. Like this one on peanuts.


Na, this won’t led to a new form of bullying on the playground right. Not that I’m knocking the woman for starting a company but this seems like a solution in search of a problem. I really want to know how they came up with the number of six millions people with food allergies. Forgive me if I take it with a rock of salt but I also question three million homeless or man made Global Cooling, err Global Warming, oh yea, Climate Change.

After leftover cake I find this month’s issue of Playboy and checked out The Advisor. To my pleasant surprise a letter I sent them a few months ago asking about where to store cigars and a bottle of scotch for the Counsel of Colonels was published. They suggested a place downtown called McCoy's and I called the owner. To my surprise he knew of the letter and even though all of his boxes were rented out he said “Come on down we will make something happen!” Love a good businessman like that. Spoke with Jim who has the cigars and scotch he loved this. Beth and I will check out McCoy’s later tonight.

To my delight I got my present from long time friend Claude and he hit it out of the park!


Not only do I love Moe, Larry and Curley but Beth (like too many women) hates them! The sun is starting to come out and I should make it out to the range after all.

May make it a decent 47th after all!

Hope your day is looking up to!

2 comments:

  1. Aw gawd - Steve loves the Three Stooges too. I'll just sit with Beth on the patio and drink. Y'all have at it.
    Nyuk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deal...but we will need beer as well. It must be something biological for women to not like Moe, Larry and Curley while men love them.

    Beth keeps saying he doesn't "hate" the Stooges but she thinks they are stupid. This from a woman who's daily TV list includes every stupid judge show on the tube (e.g. Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, Divorce Court).

    Hey we know The Three Stooges are comedy!

    Take Care

    Mike

    ReplyDelete