Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Recess appointments among other things

Am I the only one who is missing this.

Gracchus: You and I have a tendency towards corpulence. Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?

I won't add much to what has been said about B Hussein Obama flouting the Constitution. Should anyone be surprised. He and his ilk have seen the Constitution, freedom and liberty as something that interferes with their plans for this country. Anyone who had any questions of this should have had this answered by his own words from 2001:


If you look at the victories and failures of the civil rights movement and its litigation strategy in the court. I think where it succeeded was to invest formal rights in previously dispossessed people, so that now I would have the right to vote. I would now be able to sit at the lunch counter and order as long as I could pay for it I’d be o.k. But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as its been interpreted and Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused I think there was a tendancy to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that.


Strange...not that I'm paranoid but for some reason Youtube has taken down the video of him saying it. Than again even paranoids have enemies.

Here is a video with the full audio and here is a video of the critical parts



Let's see, blatant disregard of the Constitution by himself and his allies in the Congress. Seizure of multiple industries. Control of business by unaccountable bureaucracies and I recall that idiot Thomas Friedman who loves China dreams of Obama as a dictator for a day.

God help us if he wins reelection. Hell, for that matter if he's defeated. Think of what he will do in the ten weeks from election night till he's out of office.

Spartacus (the real movie with Kirk Douglas) has a great theme of liberty that has come again. From a discussion between Crassus (Lawrence Olivier) and his senatorial rival Gracchus (Charles Laughton)

Crassus: My election as fiirst consul, command of all the legions of ltaly and the abolition of senatorial authority over the courts.

Gracchus: Dictatorship.

Crassus: Order. Advise me if my terms are acceptable.

Gracchus: I can tell you now. They're unacceptable.

Crassus: Yes, I know. For the present perhaps, but times change, and so does the senate. When that day comes, I shall be ready.

American made a critical mistake in 2008 and we elected a dictator who has absolute contempt for the country he is president of. I don't have faith the morons running the Republican Party who are intent of nominating an Obama light with less personality has any idea of what is needed. Ripping out Obamacare by the weeds to begin with. I doubt the author of Romneycare realizes that.

God help the Republic.

PS: Examples of the wisdom of Craccus's statement on nasty dictators.

No comments:

Post a Comment