Sergeant Greg MeagherRest in Peace Bro…We Got The Watch
Richmond County Sheriff's Office, Georgia
End of Watch: Sunday, February 5, 2017
Tour: 33 years
Sergeant Greg Meagher died after being exposed to liquid nitrogen while attempting to rescue a woman at a medical facility at 1100 Emmett Street in Augusta.
He and several other deputies had responded to the facility and were told that a woman was unconscious inside. The deputies entered the facility to rescue the woman and were overcome by the fumes. Fire department personnel arrived on the scene and were able to remove Sergeant Meagher and the employee. They were both transported to Augusta University Hospital where Sergeant Meagher passed away.
The other three deputies were treated for their exposure to the toxins.
Sergeant Meagher had served with the Richmond County Sheriff's Office for 33 years. In 2004 he was shot in the face while assigned to a federal narcotics task force.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Day is done, Gone the sun, From the lake, From the hills, From the sky. All is well, Safely rest, God is nigh.