Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

The greatest Prime Minister of England is laid to rest...

I've always been fascinated by the pomp and circumstances of formal events, such as state funerals. Recently we noted the passing of George HW Bush, and we likely will see former president Carter in the near future.  

Last month was the anniversary of the passing of Sir Winston Churchill, a man I've admired for ages. I've read the Manchester three volume bio of the man, and I'm collecting a eight volume for future reading. I was searching for something unrelated to Churchill, and I found this. A five minute summary of the funeral.


I found it very interesting the as his casket is transported down the River Thames, cranes are lowered in tribute. I recall a similar video of the Reagan funeral where a huge American flag is strung between two fire engine ladders.

RIP Mr. Churchill. I see a cigar and scotch this evening .

No comments:

Post a Comment