Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seattle PD handling a suspect

Look at this and tell me what you think. A little backgound. The suspect, John Kita, was arrested for fighting with a woman under I-5 in Seattle.



I don't question the officer was more than justified in putting hands on the suspect. As Kita was walking up he put a hand in a pocket, a big no no as he may have a weapon. He had already not responded to verbal commands twice with "give me your hands" and kept his hand front. Now I will say it was borderline with pushing the head into the vehicle but the suspect was non-compliant. And he was taken into custody.

The officer was exonerated and the lawsuit is headed to the 9th Circus Court of Appeal (I know it's Circuit but this court is nuts). We'll see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment