Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The 90% Solution

It's Two and a wake up.

I've been studying a massive amount of information by basically reading one third of each reference a day. I will finish my final read on Monday so I can have Tuesday to concentrate on areas I don't have a full warm and fuzzy on. I'll be in the library probably till 800PM and then get home. Get up at around 515 Wednesday, ride in early, breakfast at a IHOP and I will be at the test site over an hour before test time.

Win, lose or draw I can say I did my best to get ready. And I am so ready for this to be over. I want to get back to normal. I want to get back to work. I got things to do around the house I've put back because I was in a library. And if I don't go to work, I don't feel right.

It's almost over.

My friend Jim and I are taking a boys weekend next weekend in the Texas Hill Country. I need to decompress and Beth needs to get ready for a final. I really look forward to taking my Harley through the Three Sisters.

Well I finished my first third of the final read today in the library and I come home for dinner. I said to hell with it and took a break. I watched the first half of Patton on Blu Ray and then stopped. Went outside, smoked an excellent Romeo y Julieta Reserve and some 12 year old Glenlivet and finished my 3x5 cards. Finished with a gin and tonic and went upstairs to get with Beth who is making me endure Bridezilla. I loath anything calling itself reality TV because it's a real as Nancy Pelosi's face but she love them.

Oh well, this too should end soon.

As she watches this I type this post and listen to Mark Levin on my iPhone. Gotta get up early for studying.

It's almost over.

Have a great week!

PS: One good thing about my last few weeks is I discovered a great book and I for the first time in decades I actually checked out a book. Tough without a Gun. A bio of Humphrey Bogart. I'll start this tonight to get me past Bridezilla! :<).

No comments:

Post a Comment