Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The end of the American Republic.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

I was drawn to this Reagan quote as I contemplated the death of the American Republic.

This morning started out pretty crappy. I really didn’t want to get up early but I had to get to the pistol range to practice on my 40 cal, to get my old Taurus 357 on my card and then get to the rifle range. Well....the month sitting in the library didn’t help. I scared the hell out of the target but at least I got the Taurus as a registered off duty weapon.

Totally screwed up on the rifle range so I get to go back...this sucks. And as I was getting pissed off in the hot sun I checked Drudge and got the news of the Obamacare ruling. One of the instructors on the range was even more pissed off than me but we both agreed to stop thinking about this till after the range closed. We are armed men.

I haven’t read the full ruling but I will by this weekend. I am shocked Kennedy apparently wanted to pull the entire bill and the supposedly conservative original intent Chief Justice contort the Constitution like this. To have the leftists on the court twist the limits on federal power to meaninglessness is no surprise. To have a Republican nominated Chief Justice join them goes beyond belief. Hell, will George W Bush call Roberts his biggest mistake? Speaking of hell, Teddy Kennedy got one big grin oh his ugly face.


I could have listened to B Hussein Obama spike the football (I am an intelligence geek and I’m used to reading the propaganda of my country’s enemies) but I could’t bring myself to do it. It would be worse than listening to that gutless wonder John Boehner. In case you missed it with the ruling news the Republican leadership in the Congress again caved, dropping approval of the Keystone Pipeline from the new Transportation Bill. I hear they wanted to get it done before the 4th of July. So again, the question comes why the hell do we have them? And what do we do now?

Well I did one thing. I went to Romney’s website and set up for a monthly donation. Never in my worse nightmare would I think I would donate to a RINO’s RINO like Mitt but I have to so something and Romney sucks lightyears less than B Hussein Obama. And I’ll look at what I can do for Ted Cruz (donation, working on his campaign, etc). We don’t need a Brown in the Senate, especially from Texas.

At least the people who put Republicans the House are pissed off and will start taking actions.

Well I picked up some scotch on my way home and if there was a justification for drinking early, this was it. It has come to this. I thought is was as screwed up as the day is long our liberty was so dependent on the judgement of nine lawyers. Now it depends if a Republican Party leadership, infested with gutless idiots can repeal this early next year. If not, I hate to say it, this American Republic is finished.

UPDATE

A great end to a really screwed up day.

Around 700pm I got a phone call from a buddy, the initial test list came out and I'm at number 100 on the list. Now I just need to get through assessment in August.

Oh, Romney has raised three and a half million since the Obamacare ruling.

Time for some 15 year old!

5 comments:

  1. I set up a donation, too.

    And then I went to the store. I bought three six packs of Sam Adams Latitude 48 and box of the summer sampler. And two twelve packs of Bud Platinum for the other people in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can help Ted Cruz by phone banking for him, sign up here- http://www.tedcruz.org/call-for-ted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon....will check that out when I get home from the Hill Country.. have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I missed out on voting in the election four years ago, but this election doesn't seem to have anyone who seems... adequate. However, I, too, prefer Romney over Obama any day.

    ...Are you from Texas, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I'm from a third world country called Louisiana! :<)

      A bunch of my high school friends got hired by Houston area businesses and I applied to be a cop. I got hired in 1998 and moved to Houston. As much as I miss my family, friends and food it was a good change.

      How about yourself? Native Texan or a immigrant?

      Delete