Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The wisdom of Archie Bunker...and more evidence that Edith was a saint!

Without question one of the greatest TV shows of all time, All in the Family broke all the rules and pulled the cover on the clean sheet of television for the time. It showed bigotry (both sides, if you watched it, George Jefferson was simply a reflection of Archie Bunker), war, economic issues, politics, all the issues that were forbidden by Hollywood for the time. Beth and I loved the show so much we used it in our wedding reception. No we didn't dance to it, but we were announced as "Mr and Mrs" to the song "Those were the days". Went over great.

Now to give you all a laugh, here are ten great quotes from Archie to show you yes, he was a well though out man! :<)

Thank you Carroll O'Connor, Jean Stapleton, Sally Struthers and even you Rob "Meathead" Reiner for a great piece of American culture.


1. You never believe nuttin’, Edith. You’re of them septics.

2. They just wanna get rid of us old guys over 50 that’s all, and put us out to pasture. Well I ain’t ready to be pasteurized!

3. I ain’t in a happy frame of mood

4. I just want to take the opportunity to express my waddya call, gratitude and depreciation.

5. First time in 23 years our minds are synchrosized.

6. Mike: Goodbye! Archie: And good ribbance!

7. I commensurate with you on that.

8. She takes everything I say out of contest.

9. Gonna take all of my thinking and all of my consecration.

10. The only thing that holds a marriage together is the husband being big enough to step back and see there the wife is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment